Trainings & Seminars
Interview with Dr. Patricia O’Gorman… on Resilience
I have always been interested in what gets us through challenges, what inner power, what inner force, guides us. This has lead me to explore the conversations we have with ourselves, our inner voices if you will — our inner child, our higher parent, and our resilience.
Resilience is developed within. I have encouraged the participants in my seminars to feel the power that comes from all that they do — this is their resilience. It is the force that allows us to overcome obstacles. It is our resilience that is honed by our hurtling past roadblocks and overcoming them. Our resilience is what we take with us to arm us against future challenges.
What Organizations Could Benefit from Our Seminars?
- Substance Abuse
- Mental Health
- Child Welfare
- Juvenile Justice
We work with you to create links between your system and other human service systems. A sampling of our training includes:
- Integrating Substance Abuse and Child Welfare Services
- Working with Adolescents Impacted by Addiction Within the Child Welfare System
- Working with Challenging Families within Educational Settings
- Strength-based Approaches for Working with High-Risk Adolescents
- Adoption: A Personal Perspective — A Workshop for Parents
- Women and the 2 R’s — Resiliency and Recovery
- Addiction — A Family-Systems Perspective
- Integrating a Trauma Perspective within Assessment and Treatment Planning
- Women Leadership
- Self-Parenting Retreats
- Self-Parenting for Helping Professionals
- Healing Trauma through Self-Parenting
We work collaboratively with our clients to focus on their training needs. Our focus is not in doing something “to” you but in understanding what you need so that we may work “with” you, in a highly individualized manner.
Why Choose Us as Your Training Partner?
OGORMANDIAZ is a partnership of mental health professionals formed over 30 years ago based upon our belief that children and families are best served in systems which can understand underlying dynamics and can communicate with each other. We have authored seven books and numerous articles, as well as conducted trainings throughout the world.
If you are interested in a seminar, contact Dr. Patricia O’Gorman today!